Monday, January 17, 2011

Well Said, Chris Colfer

Last night, January 16, Chris Colfer won a Golden Globe for his outstanding performance as Kurt Hummel on "Glee." If you're wondering who Chris Colfer is or what this "Glee" business is all about, crawl out from under your rock stat and quickly set your DVR for the next episode because (and trust me on this) you're missing out.

As Colfer accepted his award for Best Supporting Actor, he gave one of the best acceptance speeches I have ever heard (and please note that I, too, have been watching awards shows since I was an embryo). This one ranks right up there with Hilary Swank and Reese Witherspoon.

I immediately fell in love with his opener, "I think I just dropped my heart between Natalie Portman and Julianne Moore." Could he be any cuter? But it was his closing that really sealed the deal:

"Most importantly, to all the amazing kids that watch our show and the kids that our show celebrates that are constantly told no by bullies in their school and they can't be who they are... well, screw that, kids!"

Good for you, Chris!

In case you missed it, check out Colfer's truly amazing speech on PopEater.com:
http://www.popeater.com/2011/01/16/chris-colfer-acceptance-speech-video/

oxo,
Lex


4 comments:

  1. Lex,

    I've been meaning to follow up with Glee, I guess I'm the lame who's been hiding under a rock. Shame:( I will def be tuning in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glee does seem like a really good show..never caught an episode..maybe I'll catch up on it through netflix. found you on 20sb! Your Newest follower! Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Please do watch Glee. I will admit it's a bit silly but they sing the best songs!!!

    ReplyDelete